It’s that time of the week again over here at THC Insider. We regularly go through the postings on the cannabis jobs board and find some of the best opportunities for you guys. While there are tons of new jobs every week coming from all around the country, these are just a few of the most recent and most promising ones. Make sure to check out the cannabis jobs board for more exciting cannabis careers.
This week we have three great positions available, between a Junior Journalist, a Delivery Driver, and a Social Media Manager. Check out the original job post link at the bottom.
Online Marketing Development Intern
Start-Up luxury lifestyle company offering high quality products to the quickly growing US Cannabis market
We’re looking for a marketer who’s interested to run a Facebook group page to reach out to marijuana users who are interested to be part of our mission and fight the stigma surround the cannabis culture and create a more sophisticated image for the industry
We are an early stage startup company focusing on providing stylish and sophisticated solutions to the cannabis industry. Looking for a highly organized, analytical, self-motivated and dedicated current student (or recent graduate) of a marketing, communication or business program to assist part-time for 3 months (and perhaps long term potential after internship). We are looking for someone who will specifically work on analyzing the company’s online retail store and modify existing products description.
Gain valuable hands-on experience in a rapidly growing industry
Build your professional portfolio
Showcase your dynamic skills and talent to the world
Analyzing, refine and polish the company’s website and blog (only the marketing language/content to make it attractive to our audience).
Modify and improve the company’s existent products description.
I don’t care if you’re a high school or college graduate as soon as you have the passion AND an excellent written communication skills
Detail-oriented individual with a basic working knowledge of computers, Microsoft Office Suite, and have a reasonable typing speed
Marketing, Communication or Business Administration majors are preferred.
Some knowledge and understanding of the Cannabis industry preferable
Partially flexible; various computer/web-based activities will be performed remotely.
Experience-based compensation (unpaid) for those looking to add various skill sets to their resume (Product Development, Project Management, Marketing, Social Media, Business Development, Finance, Entrepreneurship, etc)
Extra benefits: Will be awarded with 5% of the amount of money will be raised, and also an opportunity to transition from an intern to a paid employee with equity to boot!
Salary: $0.00 /year Qualifications
Requirements • Strong, applicable knowledge of social media marketing • Excellent written and oral communication skills • Detail-oriented individual with a basic working knowledge of computers, Microsoft Office Suite, and have a reasonable typing speed • Understanding Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Pinterest • Marketing, Communication or Business Administration majors • Some knowledge and understanding of the Cannabis industry preferable
Compensation/Benefits: • Experience-based compensation for those looking to add various skill sets to their resume (Product Development, Project Management, Marketing, Social Media, Business Development, Finance, Entrepreneurship, etc) • Extra benefits: Will be awarded with 5% of the amount of money will be raised, and also an opportunity to transition from an intern to a paid employee with equity to boot!
We are looking for full-time delivery drivers within the city of San Jose.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Deliver medical grade marijuana to our legal & registered patients in the San Jose Area.
- A lot of driving (Please do not apply if you can’t drive all day long).
- Educating patients on MMJ, Determining what best suits their need.
- Help around the office if needed. Be available to do whatever is needed to keep the collective running.
- All drivers must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- All drivers must have their own personal vehicle, Valid CA Driver’s License, car insurance, and vehicle registration.
- Must reside within 30 miles of San Jose.
- Reliable transportation, smart phone, headset & GPS (on phone or installed in your auto) (we are working to provide these items soon)
- Clean driving record & willing to submit to a criminal background check. (no patients on probation or paroleplease)
- Computer Literate
- Willing to submit to a drug test (for misc illegal drugs)
- FULLTIME CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE : From 10:00am to 9:00pm (average is 11 hours per day – 40 to 50 hours per week & sometimes more).
- Current & legal medical marijuana patient
- Knowledgeable about medical marijuana, its effects and benefits. (or willing to learn asap)
- Great patient relations and skills. (customer service)
- Willing to do whatever it takes to get a job done in a timely / professional manner.
- Quick learner and thinker, sharp (Be able to think quick and make quick decisions)
- Reliable and dedicated to your job. Please no slackers or whiners
Wages and Benefits
- Delta Health Center is open to discuss starting wages based on experience and ability. You can expect to clear $625 to $800 per week in wages alone with overtime. (good drivers get tips on top of their wages)
- Your performance and dedication can lead to advancement with responsibility and financial reward.
- Fuel and other misc expenses are paid for by the collective.
We look forward to hearing from you!
How to Apply
Email your Resume, MMJ Recommendation, CA Drivers License, Proof of Insurance, and a picture of your vehicle to DeltaHealthCenter@comcast.net
- Managing large cannabis Social Media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
- Curate relevant content to reach the company’s ideal customers.
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written).
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” tone while cultivating leads and sales.
- Conduct online advocacy and open stream for cross-promotions.
- Develop and expand community and/or blogger outreach efforts.
- Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, and blog).
- Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns.
- Create reports for management showing results (ROI).
- Become an advocate for the Company in Social Media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Demonstrate the ability to map out marketing strategy and then drive that strategy as proven by testing and metrics.
- Develop a strategy and implement a proactive process for capturing customer online reviews. Monitor online ratings and respond accordingly.
- Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding the business. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the Social Media campaigns.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of Social Media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
Qualifications and Experience
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing.
- Marketing degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in Social Media. (Give links to profiles as examples).
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application. Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why ideas are analytically sound.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Google+Local, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Displays excellent writing and language skills.
- Possess a working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to the cannabis field.
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format
- Excels at building and maintaining sales relationships, online and off.
- Is a Team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary. (ie: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management).
- Possess good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social”.
- Demonstrates winning Social Customer Service techniques. Possesses the ability to identify potential negative or crisis situations and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
Job Type: Full-time
Local candidates only:
- Denver, CO
- Social Media Management: 3 years