Hey everybody, I hope you all had a wonderful week. It is Friday again and that means only one thing at THC Insider. It is time for our weekly job listings! Each week I head over to the cannabis jobs board and select a few of the most promising and recent jobs that are available from all around the country. These jobs are being posted consistently on a daily basis in a large variety of fields. If you think that a cannabis career could be good for you then check out these awesome jobs!
This week from the cannabis jobs board we have selected a Business Development Professional, a Public Relations Specialist, and a Software Engineer. Be sure to check out the original job post at the link below.
Top sales / business development person, with Cannabis industry experience and contacts, sought for the industry’s first patented, highly bio-available, water soluble CBD company, BioCBD+. The right sales leader will be involved in strategic planning, goal setting and grow to manage the overall sales division of our high growth company. You’ll help establish best practices in channel and customer merchandising and help analyze product data while developing projections.
BioCBD+ currently produces the finest quality hemp based CBD products, which can be sold in all 50 states and overseas. Our process provides CBD that is 3 – 5 times as bio-available as oil based CBD.
We’re currently developing partnerships that will allow us to sell cannabis based water soluble CBD products in all cannabis-legal US markets and overseas.
● Compiles lists of prospective customers based on information from business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
● Developing performance analysis and forecasting.
● Measuring promotional efficiency.
● Creating monthly sale and prospecting reports.
● Tracking and managing Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
● Performing statistical analysis of specific categories, products, and trends.
● Ensuring the distribution of appropriate information among internal team and clients.
● Developing and implementing merchandising plans.
● Making recommendations to retailers to improve advertising and ensure brand integrity.
● Providing product training and consultation to B2C customers. Expanding learning activities to achieve optimization and key objectives.
● Working with senior staff to develop an overall marketing plan to deliver on sales and profit goals. This plan includes external analysis, media channel choices, creative strategies, account-specific promotions, and budget recommendations.
The right candidate will have:
● 5 or more years of sales experience, with a minimum of 1 year of proven retail or wholesale cannabis industry experience in a quota driven role.
● Expert knowledge of the cannabis market with current relationships with dispensaries, co-ops, and growers.
● Ability to identify optimal customers to target in a market vertical, build sales pipeline and close accounts.
● Ability to find creative ways to broaden product distribution through channel partners on both a local and national level.
● Strong track record of consistent documented success (such as sales performance, compensation, leadership, and/or increased responsibilities) required.
● Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation along with a Clean Driving Record.
● Willingness and ability to travel throughout assigned territory, with occasional travel overnight and out of state.
● Excellent written & verbal communication & presentation skills.
● Outstanding interpersonal and persuasive skills.
● Demonstrated ability to learn and apply technical and product-related information in a professional consultative manner.
● Proven ability to build and execute a strategy for assigned territory that generates and develops new business while maintaining and nurturing an existing client base.
● High level of integrity, personal motivation, and sense of urgency.
● Willingness to work occasional weekends to support industry trade shows & events.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Docs, and similar programs.
● Familiarity with sales tracking and reporting software.
What we can offer you:
● Highly competitive commission and bonus structure.
● Significant earning potential in high growth industry.
● Opportunity to self manage.
● An early opportunity with one of the industries leading CBD companies whose products stand above and beyond competitors.
1. Send cover letter, resume and email with Subject: “Applying For Sales Position” to email@example.com
2. Send a short 1-3 minute video to firstname.lastname@example.org introducing yourself and why you are the best candidate for the job.
3. You will NOT be considered without these two steps being followed exactly.
We have immediate, full-time, (Contract) positions available, providing a very attractive, commission-based compensation structure to experienced, successful, dedicated and committed, Phone/Marketing/PR Specialists.
If your current situation requires an immediate income flow… We’re sorry, but these positions won’t work for you.
On the other hand… If your situation will allow you to pursue this Opportunity, you will be rewarded with a very attractive, above average income, which will continually compound and grow, month after month, year after year.
Our new Company is www.CannaCottages.com and is scheduled to launch by Friday, February 19th, 2016.
The positions entail… contacting the Owners of existing Colorado, Washington State, Oregon and Alaska Vacation Rental Properties, by telephone (ONLY), introducing them to our company and the services we provide, educating them with regard to the benefits realized by classifying their Vacation Rental Property(s) as Cannabis-friendly and encouraging them to include their Property(s) in our Portfolio of extraordinary, privately-owned, Cannabis-friendly, nightly/weekly Vacation Rental Homes. These are not sales positions and there are no sales or money transactions involved.
Each Contractor must own a current Corporation, LLC or Partnership, in good standing, or be prepared to acquire one as quickly as possible. Strong drive, dedication, and a commitment to success, will result in exceptional earnings, company advancement, and (possible) future equity and/or employment opportunities.
If you’re one who… always strives to be the best; performs every task to perfection; takes control of the situation at hand and successfully accomplishes the objective; considers a commitment just that… a commitment; is continually improving on skills/knowledge/techniques to better improve job performance/results, then this Opportunity was made for you and could prove to be a pivotal point in your life and career.
We are seeking a couple of exceptional individuals to become integral contributors to our company’s development, growth and future success, in one of the fastest growing industries in the United States. We are family-owned and operate in a supportive environment. Whereas, we will be there to provide the guidance and support you will need to assure your success.
Ideal candidates will possess excellent communication, presentation and telephone skills, be highly organized, detail oriented, money motivated, a team player, and should bring to the job… excellent computer skills, a positive upbeat attitude, and the ability to grasp and completely understand the features, benefits and services that we provide to our clients and the industry. And most notably. . . A Solid Understanding of Cannabis (Marijuana), its usage, history, and both the Medical and Recreational sides of the industry, are absolutely essential.
Please, ONLY… if your background and experience relate well with the requirements stated above, you are truly interested in this opportunity and available to begin immediately, please reply with an informative Cover Letter and updated Resume. Upon our review, we will contact you directly. All others, please do not apply.
*NOTE – This is NOT a “GROW” or “DISPENSARY” position. No Licensing or Badge required.
Thank you for your consideration
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU HAD FUN AT WORK? It’s a great time to join Leafly (www.leafly.com). Help us continue our rapid growth as the world’s most trusted guide for those looking to make informed decisions about cannabis. Our vision is to create a global community that openly embraces legal cannabis and the accessibility that comes with it.
We are seeking an Intern Software Engineer to work in our Engineering Group located in Seattle, WA.
In this role you will work in a highly collaborative environment with the team of developers responsible for the entire Leafly product suite. We are looking for self-motivated individuals who are either recent graduates or currently enrolled in Computer Science / Engineering programs. You should be hard-working, flexible, able to communicate your ideas effectively, and above all eager to learn and improve. You will gain invaluable real world experience in an Agile delivery environment and will be involved in all phases of the development lifecycle: architecture & design, implementation, testing, deployment and support.
Do you want to be part of a company that is a market leader in an industry that will only continue to grow, if not explode? Then we’d like to talk with you!
Build and develop exciting new features that reach a large audience that loves our products
Own specific tasks on key features and drive them to completion
Participate in design and code reviews
Create and maintain project and technical documentation
Analyze failures and fix bugs
Monitor production infrastructure and provide support
Collaborate with Product Management to identify new features and service enhancements that drive business value
Junior, Senior, or recent graduate (within last 6 months) pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering or related field
Background check will be conducted after conditional offer of employment is extended
understanding of object oriented design principles
Experience with an object oriented programming language (C# / .NET preferred)
Abie to manage time effectively and complete work by given deadline
Proactive. Eager to learn and willing to ask questions big and small
Interest in self-improvement through practice and working with / learning from others
Communicate effectively with both teammates and coworkers in non-technical roles
Schedule and Compensation:
40 hours per week
Must be 21 or over
Leafly Holdings, Inc. ( www.Leafly.com , www.leafly.ca ) is a privately held, private equity backed cannabis/health information technology company. Leafly provides a safe and inviting environment on the web to access the world’s largest cannabis information resource. Our website and mobile visitors browse strain ratings, study reviews, provide recommendations, view lab testing data, and find trusted dispensary locations. We make the process of finding the right strains and products fast, simple, and comfortable.
Please no phone calls/No recruiting agencies
We offer a competitive compensation and a collaborative work environment in an emerging market. The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and it is not all inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by Leafly to fluctuate with business needs.