This week Senators Cory Booker, Rand Paul, and Kirsten Gillibrand introduced the CARERS act. The Bill would be a major step forward towards federal legalization. If passed, this historic bill would:
– Reclassify marijuana as a Schedule 2 drug.
– Deschedule CBD rich marijuana strains.
– Allow marijuana businesses to use traditional banks.
– Open the door for independent marijuana research studies.
– Allow VA doctors to recommend marijuana to veteran patients.
Check out this article to read a more in depth analysis of the bill.