Want a career in the cannabis industry?
Well as it turns out, thousands if not millions are also thinking about getting into the cannabis industry. For every job opening in the cannabis industry there is about 400 applicants. A new study came out, where researchers studied over two dozen recruiters. The results are surprising.
- Recruiters only spend an average of 6 seconds looking at each resume
- In those 6 seconds, recruiters have time to look at your name, make it clear and presentable.
- Recruiters scan the resume for keywords, such a “Work History” or “professional Experience” current/last employers and beginning and ending dates worked there.
- Previous employment and dates.
- Education and training related tot he position applying for.
- Keep a visual hierarchy. The most important info needs to be easily viewable.
- Resume must be clear and concise, only include relevant info.
- Avoid pics and images.