The cannabis industry is said to be the fastest growing industry in the world, but how are people getting noticed without having any experience in the cannabis industry? Let’s be honest, most people who now work in the cannabis industry never worked in the industry before, because there wasn’t one. The best way to get noticed is to show you are invested in the cannabis legalization effort. You have to prove somehow that you will be invested in their business, here are ways to do that.
1. Get certified: Cannabis schools are available, possibly locally or more conveniently online. Earning a certification proves to employers you are not only investing your time, but also investing your hard earned money to learn valuable skills used in the cannabis industry. Go to a school that not only has respected instructors in the industry, but one that connects certified students with employers.
2. Students for Sensible Drug Policy: It seems like most college campuses now have a SSDP chapter. If your college or university doesn’t, than start one. Being an active member in SSDP shows employers you are investing yourself in the cause and in return a very productive, knowledgable employee who has an invested interest in making the company successful, because you are proven to be engaged in the legalization movement.
3. Have an awesome resume: Keep the resume short, one page if possible. Your hard work to show employers you are fit for the job will go un-noticed if the employers don’t ever see it.
- Do not include every job you have had, only the jobs that are relevant to the position you are applying for.
- Clean easy to read font, use white paper when printing resumes.
- Put your strongest attributes at the top! Most resumes are skimmed through, so make sure your strongest selling point is at the top.